Two Ways to Defer Removal from Canada

If you are in Vancouver and out of nowhere you receive a notice for deportation, you should consult a licensed professional. Do not panic when the Removals Unit of the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) notifies you about deportation proceedings. You should instead consult a licensed professional like a skilled immigration attorney specializing in Canada flagdeportation cases.

Two Steps to Defer Deportation

There are generally two (2) ways to defer your deportation or to have the proceedings terminated on your favor:

  1. Request to Defer Removal – You may request that the date of your deportation proceeding be deferred in order for you to prepare your evidence and supporting documents and to complete other requirements. It will take at least fourteen days or two weeks to have your request processed. It is therefore advised to timely file your request. If for instance your request has been denied by the Removal Unit, you may file an appeal to the Federal Court and ask that the decision denying your request for deferral be reversed. The assistance of an immigration lawyer will highly increase your chance in obtaining a favorable result.
    • The request helps when you are undergoing the necessary medical examination.
    • This will allow you to obtain the result of your pending application for humanitarian and compassionate, should you have any.
    • The request to defer removal will be to your advantage when you like to hang in tight to wait until any members of your family, particularly your children, are able to finish their study within the year.
    • The request will enable you to attend to other needs and requirements.
  1. Appeal to the Federal Court– If something is preventing you from availing of the first step, you may proceed to the next – that is to file an appeal at the Federal Court to contest the ruling of a Pre Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) Officer, and ask the Federal Court to review the decision.
    • You should file your appeal at the Federal Court within fifteen (15) days from the day you received the officer’s decision refusing to grant your request. After the lapse of fifteen day period, you can no longer file an appeal, and the decision becomes final.

Assistance of an immigration lawyer

Applicants who have no lawyers assisting them will find it very difficult to work within the Corporate Immigration Lawyer clientsframework of legal technicalities. It is highly advised that you retain a highly experienced lawyer specializing in immigration laws in Canada. It is your immigration status that is at stake, and it is just right to capitalize on the determination of your immigration problems. Immigration lawyers are aware of the procedures and steps that are beneficial to clients. If you have an immigration attorney with you, you no longer have to play the “guessing game” in terms of addressing your immigration issues.

You may stop worrying by the time you let your lawyer handle the immigration case and represent you in all proceedings.

Trusted immigration firm in Canada

You need to choose a licensed attorney whom you can trust and who had well over fifteen years of experience in handling immigration cases.

Niren and Associates, a firm that employs only licensed and experienced immigration attorneys in Canada and the United States, has decades of experience in providing excellent immigration services to countless clients.

Niren and Associates has a dedicated team of immigration lawyers to assist and guide you through the process.

You may reach the firm’s office in Vancouver at (604) 283-2126 or using its official email, [email protected].

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.