Known as one of the most popular US Work Visas, the B-1 Business Visitor Visa attracts foreign business owners looking to network in the US market. However the process of getting your visa application approved is far from a walk in the Park. And, without the proper assistance you my find that desirable American market just outside your reach.
Niren and Associates has over 30 years combined experience assisting those interested in conducting business in the US. With an extensive knowledge and a driven team of immigration professionals, let us help guide your business in the right direction. Without our help, you risk missing important details that could result in the delay or rejection of your application.
Business Visitor Visa and its Opportunities
Pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), people with B-1 status may perform the following activities:
- Attend business meetings
- Consult with associates
- Attend business conferences and conventions
- Negotiate contracts
- Investigate business opportunities
- Purchase property in the U.S
- Research and design, including technical, scientific, and statistical research.
- Growth, manufacturing, and production, including harvest owners supervising harvesting crews and purchasing and production management personnel conducting commercial transactions.
- Marketing, including market researchers and analysts and trade fair and promotional personnel attending trade conventions.
- Sales, including sales representatives and agents taking orders and negotiating contracts for goods or services, but not delivering goods or providing services; buyers purchasing for an enterprise located in Canada.
- Distribution, including transportation operators delivering to, or loading and transporting from Canada or the United States, with no intermediate loading or delivery within the United States; customs brokers performing brokerage duties associated with the export of goods.
After-sales service, including installers, repair and maintenance personnel, and supervisors possessing specialized knowledge essential to the seller’s contractual obligation, performing services or training workers to perform such services pursuant to a warranty or other service contract incidental to the sale of commercial or industrial equipment or machinery, including computer software purchased from an enterprise located outside the country, during the life of the warranty or service agreement.
The Process for Acquiring a B-1 Visa
Canadian Citizens may obtain a B-1 Visa at a U.S/Canadian port of entry. B-1 applicants may be advised to present the following documentation in support of their B-1 case:
- Evidence of ties to Canada such as bank records
- Evidence of close family relatives
- Property deeds and any other documentation that shows that the applicant will return to Canada before or upon the expiry of B-1 status. • Documents showing that the applicant will be engaging in permissible B-1 activities.
Reviewing Your Option With a Professional
It is hard to imagine being a successful global business without some root in the US market. That being said, it is also in your businesses best interest to invest the time resources in making sure you’re both protect and well represented. When you enlist the help of our immigration experts, you can trust that your paperwork will be properly filed and submitted. Allowing you to do what you do best; making money.
Wanted to thank you for facilitating a B-1 Visa for me. Thank you for coordinating a plan and getting the job done! Your team are extraordinary. The time you dedicated to my file is much appreciated. I could not have asked for a better lawyer. – Dan G.