If your Canadian immigration application has been refused, then here are some options:
- You may be eligible to Appeal your Canadian Immigration Application Refusal to the Federal Court of Canada within a certain period after you were notified of the refusal by Canada Immigration.
- You may be eligible to Appeal your Canadian Immigration Application Refusal to the Immigration Adjudication Division (IAD) within a certain period of after your application was refused by Canada Immigration.
- You may be able to make a request for Restoration to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) after being notified if the refusal.
What Is The Best Option For Me?
It depends on a number of reasons such as the type of case that is involved. Is it a Skilled Worker Application, Canadian Sponsorship Application or Canadian Work Visa refusal? If you picked the right type of case, then your paperwork and any support documents must be prepared correctly.
Another reason may depend on where the Canadian immigration application was filed and processed. Was your Canadian immigration application filed within Canada or at a Canadian Consulate or Embassy outside of Canada?
Why did I get refused for Canadian Immigration Application?
Usually refusals don’t just happen for Canadian immigration applications.
- When applications for Canadian immigration are submitted to Canada immigration, an immigration officer is responsible for reviewing the application and making an assessment about whether the application should be approved or denied.
- The immigration officer has guidelines for making decisions on immigration cases. These guidelines are found in the Immigration Regulations as well as Immigration Manuals.
- When applications do not meet the various standards and criteria set out in the Immigration Regulations and Manuals, then the likely result is a refusal.
- However, in many cases, Canadian immigration officers make mistakes in their decisions.
- They often are too strict in their interpretation of the guidelines or they simply fail to review all the documentation and information in an application.
- Sometimes applicants are called for a personal interview and the immigration officer does not believe the applicant is credible or trustworthy.
Speak With a Canadian Immigration Attorney from Our Vancouver Team
It is important to act very quickly once you are notified that your case was denied, regardless of the reason. In some situations, an Immigration Appeal may be an option.
Niren & Associates has over 14 years of experience in helping hundreds of people successfully reapply and get a more desirable outcome to their previous Canadian immigration refusals. Some applications are refused because they were not filed correctly in the first place.
If that is the case then we may go the administrative route and contact the immigration official reviewing your case for specifics, or we can re-apply or it might be a situation where an appeal must be submitted.
- Our Lawyers have a proven track record for handling US and Canadian visa cases
- Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to assist you immediately
I simply wished to convey my personal gratitude on your outstanding and quality services. I was informed by you that me and my wife’s TRPs ended up being approved. Thanks for being kind and patient in responding to all my emails and calls. Anwar W
If Refused, What is The Next Step?
There are many issues involved in properly handling a Canadian immigration refusal. A qualified Canadian immigration lawyer should be able to assess your immigration application refusal and answer the following questions about your case:
- Whether you are eligible to Appeal the negative immigration decision;
- How long do you have to file your appeal? For example, do you have 15, 30 or 60 days after being notified of the refusal?
- What Canadian immigration court should you file the Appeal? Is it the Federal Court of Canada or the IAD?
- What procedure is involved in filing and processing the Immigration Appeal? What steps have to be taken?
- How long is it going to take? When should I expect a result?
- What are the chances of success of the Immigration Appeal?
Consult With One of Our Immigration Attorneys Today
You been so helpful,you been very patient. I am very thankful to you. I know that was quite rough ride, you made it very smooth and thank you so much again,and happy holidays to you. – Vijay L.